Not all paint is alike. Unfortunately, this is the hard lesson that many unsatisfied car owners have discovered after getting a bad paint job. High-quality paint and expert application are key to car painting that looks great and lasts a long time.
Find out more about why the quality of paint matters and the best practices for ensure a durable paint job.
Importance of Paint in Protecting a Vehicle
Having your car repainted doesn’t just serve to restore its shine. Paint is really the armor that protects the body and parts. Just think about it, this crucial layer is needed for all of the following reasons:
- Protect the car body and parts from everyday wear.
- Safeguard the vehicle from water, salt, chemicals, gravel and road debris.
- Prevent rust and corrosion.
- Maintain or enhance the vehicle’s resale or trade-in value.
We’ve just listed four solid reasons why the quality of car paint matters. Yet, not all paint used in the automotive industry ensures the best coverage and protection. Many auto body shops buy lower quality paints in the hopes of boosting their own profit margins.
At Badell’s Collision we only use the highest quality automotive paint. The advantages of using superior quality paint include decreasing the time and money needed to complete the job. Using less paint, also helps us pass savings onto car owners.
Why You Should Rely on Professional Car Painting
This really is a job that should be left up to the pros. Some car owners want to ‘do it yourself.’ For anything more than a small scratch, however, a trained professional will deliver the best results.
A reliable auto body shop has advanced equipment and experience that is vital for a difficult job like painting. At our shop, we have invested in specialized equipment. We have a state-of-the-art mixing room with four-angle cameras to ensure a perfect color match. With two down-draft baking rooms, the final result is as close to factory finish as possible. Each layer of primer, topcoat and clear coat are baked at 180°F before the next coat is applied.
The benefits of having a reliable body shop paint the car, include:
- A money-back guarantee on the work,
- Cost-effective service,
- Expert finish and color matching.
In short, hiring certified technician will help ensure that your car looks great and improve its long-term value.
The Professional Car Painting Process
Don’t trust a shop that promises to have your car ready in a day or two. A good, professional paint job should take about a week to complete. We know it’s hard to go about your regular life and business without your vehicle, but doing the job right requires time. Here’s why:
- First, the old paint must be removed. Prepping the car includes stripping and sanding away the faded, oxidized and damaged layers.
- After the old paint has been removed, the car is wiped down and cleaned of any leftover residue.
- For touch ups or partial paint jobs, color matching is an important step. The model’s color code can often be found attached to the vehicle – either in the glove box or wheel well.
- Then, any parts of the car which shouldn’t be repainted are covered before proceeding.
- The primer is applied, which usually requires two or three coats to fully cover the surface area. Each layer is baked on before the next can be applied.
- To smooth the primer layer, the surface of the car is sanded. Then, it must be wiped down and cleaned with paint thinner.
- Next, the topcoat is applied. For best results, we apply three or four coats evenly. Again, each coat needs to dry thoroughly and is baked at high temperatures. Plus, the surface may be lightly sanded before the final layer is applied.
- Then, one or two layers of top coat are applied and baked on.
- Finally, the whole car is buffed and polished until it looks like new again.
Your Car Deserves the Gold Standard
Quality is a huge point of pride for Badell’s Collision. We stand behind our work and provide a lifetime warranty for repairs and paint jobs. Find out why our customers have been satisfied with the high-quality work have delivered for more than 90 years. Call Badell’s Collision at (610) 647-0136 or contact us online.